MySouthernHomeTV © 2017.
Website by So In Media Group LLC
If you would like more information about a “My Southern Home” episode or would like to advertise on the show please contact us.
Sundays at 12:30PM on WBNA 21
Missed a Show?
All of our shows are available online.
The only home show in Kentuckiana that introduces you to beautiful homes, and the people that make them gorgeous.
Butterkin Squash & Apple Soup
1 LB Butterkin squash (peeled & seeded)
1 LB Apples (peeled & seeded)
1 LB Mirepoix (diced carrot, celery, onion)
2 C White wine
4 C Water or Stock
2 OZ Honey
1 TBSP Garam Masala
Salt & Pepper
1. In a 6 QT saucepan, sweat out mirepoix over medium heat with a sprinkle of salt. 5 min
2. Add 2 C white wine and reduce by half.
3. Add squash & apples and cover with water.
4. Add seasonings and honey. simmer over low heat for 1 hour.
5. Puree and strain through a fine mesh strainer.
6. Reserve for service.
7. Garnish with apple slices and anything else your heart desires.